Monday, August 17, 2009

My Great Day in Flint Michigan

A great day in Flint Michigan yesterday: Spent part of the day at the pool where we met a great couple who had a son, Billy. What a bright kid, he can say “Hi” and “Bye” and can count to ten, which is great cuz he’s joining the army next week.


Did have to do some chores yesterday. We replaced our broke down dryer with the help of Maureen’s son Kevin, her sister Jackie, Jackie’s fiancĂ© John and Maureen herself. I of course faked a back ache and did what I do best, direct. Okay so I didn’t fake the back ache, I did help with the heavy lifting and I did rewire the dryer. When I finished rewiring and started it up to test it for the first time the paramedics did have to be called, but they were real nice and taught me never to lick the red wire again.


Later in the day we watched a movie called “10,000 B.C.” or to be politically correct “10,000 c.a.”. What an interesting movie. If you have ever seen the movie “Brave Heart” it’s kind of the same story line cept done with everyone wearing loin cloths and there‘s giant Mammoths and a huge scary tiger in it. Other than that, they were about the same movie only the part Mel Gibson played in “Brave Heart” was played by a guy with long hair wearing a fur dress instead of a plaid one. Isn’t strange how all he movies now a days have the same story line. Why can’t they be more original like “Airplane”, “Scary Movie” 1, 2, 3, or 4 or “Hot Shots” or any movie the Zucker’s make.


Today we continued to use our new personal favorite catch-phrase “Monkey Wagon”. The new phase was created while at the car show “Back to the Bricks” in downtown Flint, Michigan. During our walk down the brick paved streets lined with beautiful classic cars, I thought I seen the car that was used in the old TV series “The Monkeys”. Remember that cool car they drove? Well, I thought I saw it parked down the next street (Turned out to be an old milk truck) and said to the group “Look, the Monkey’s Wagon” course I meant that I thought I was seeing the car cept M’s sister thought I was referring to my not wearing any underwear.


So today I woke up and went downstairs with my monkey wagon to watch the “View”. Okay I didn’t really go to watch the “View”, Maureen had it on and I sat down next to her. Then she made me go back upstairs and get dressed. So after I put on my cowboy boots and black cowboy hat I went back downstairs with my monkey wagon. Again I was told to go back upstairs and get fully dressed. Oh well.


Today I am determined to use the phrase “monkey wagon” till people beat me to a bloody pulp and the para-medics are called. Mostly I want to do this because I have some questions on how to rewire the toaster.


P.S. Never try to make French-toast in a toaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment